SPCH 1311 - Introduction to Speech Communication
3 credit hours. 3 lecture hours. 0 lab hours.
Introduces basic human communication principles and theories embedded in a variety of contexts including interpersonal, small group, and public speaking.
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
1. Apply the principles of human communication including: perception, verbal communication, nonverbal communication, listening, and audience analysis. Demonstrate how to establish and maintain relationships through the use of interpersonal communication.
2. Demonstrate how to establish and maintain relationships through the use of interpersonal communication.
3. Apply small group communication skills including: problem solving, group roles, leadership styles, and cohesiveness.
4. Develop, research, organize, and deliver formal public speeches.
5. Recognize how to communicate within diverse environments.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)