Applying for the DMS program at Temple College
DMS students must be available for day, evening, and possibly weekend clinicals.
- Be admitted to Temple College.
- Attend a DMS information session held at Temple College. Dates of the session are posted on the Temple College DMS webpage http://www.templejc.edu .
- Complete the ATI/TEAS test with a minimum score of 70% in each of the three areas, Reading, Science, Math, English Language and Usage. The composite score will be used to award points. You may take the ATI/TEAS test twice.
Furnish all official transcripts from all schools attended including all prerequisite course grades. The prerequisites must be completed prior to the start of the DMS program with a minimum of a C in each course and a collective GPA of 2.5.
Admission into the DMS program is competitive. Admission is based on GPA in general education courses that apply to the DMS curriculum, admission exam score, healthcare licensure/certification and interview results.
- Within 30 days of notification of conditional acceptance into the program the student must:
a. Provide written documentation of completion of required immunizations (only the first of the Hepatitis series must be initiated in the first 30 days).
b. Provide written documentation of a negative TB skin test or chest radiograph within the previous three months.
c. Provide written documentation of a complete physical exam verifying good physical and mental health.
d. Provide documentation of a satisfactory criminal background check.
e. Provide documentation of a negative drug screen.
7. A shadowing experience will be scheduled through the DMS office. The shadowing experience must be completed prior to the start of the first semester of DMS program.
8. Written documentation of successful completion of the American Heart Association CPR course, Basic Cardiac Life Support for Health Care Providers must be provided prior to the start of the first semester of the DMS program. Students will be required to take the CPR class together during orientation so that their certification remains in efffect throughout the two year DMSO Program.
Requirements for an Associate of Applied Science Degree
In order to graduate from Temple College and receive the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Sonography, the student must meet the following requirements.
1. Completion of all prerequisites and general education course electives with a minimum of a 2.0 in each course with a collective GPA of 2.5.
a. Composition I ENGL 1301
b. College Algebra MATH 1314
i. Will accept Statistics or higher level mathematics course.
c. College Physics PHYS 1401 or PHYS 1407
i. Will accept Radiography Physics
d. Anatomy and Physiology I BIOL 2401
2. Sixty-five semester hours of course credit, exclusive of the developmental courses. Each course must be completed with a C grade or better. Included in the 65 semester hours of course work are the 41 hours of DMS Core courses. Each DMS core course must be completed in the required sequence with a C grade or better.