The mission of Temple College is to foster student success for our diverse community by providing quality lifelong learning and enrichment experiences.
Learning - Temple College’s commitment to excellence in teaching and learning is foremost. Our endeavors support educational success and a lifetime of learning.
Opportunity - Temple College actively promotes education for all by providing access to a variety of courses and programs through innovative and traditional approaches.
Integrity - Temple College demonstrates integrity by ethical decision making, excellent stewardship of our resources, and accountability to our constituents.
Community - Temple College cultivates collaborations that promote community partnerships, workforce development, and enrichment experiences. We foster an environment that promotes mutual respect, social responsibility, and open communication among students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
Goal 1. Ensure Quality Learning Opportunities
- Assure accreditation from appropriate authority or agency.
- Assure the passage rates on certifications and licensure are above the national/state mean.
- Provide appropriate educational resources to support the delivery of learning.
- Improve course level placement to optimize learning.
- Provide appropriate academic rigor for students to be successful at the next level.
Goal 2. Foster Student Success
- Increase course completion with an earned grade of “C” or better.
- Improve retention of credential-seeking students from term to term and year to year.
- Increase the attainment of credentials as determined by graduation rates/core completion/licensure.
- Increase student engagement.
Goal 3. Provide Enrichment Experiences
- Increase attendance at programs and college functions.
- Increase participation in programs and college functions.
- Enhance targeted communication of college and community programs and events to appropriate audiences.
- Expand opportunities for student academic and social integration.
Goal 4. Partner with the Community
- Increase partnerships to meet community needs.
- Strengthen existing partnerships.
- Enhance communication within our service area to promote awareness of college opportunities.
Goal 5. Manage Resources Effectively
- Provide professional development to enhance effectiveness.
- Pursue alternative funding sources.
- Optimize the utilization of existing resources.
- Strategically plan for future needs.